Sunday, May 21, 2006

Mexicano Mexico Trip ... (listening to Why Don't We Do It In The Road)

A couple years ago … I was at an IKEA tienda … I was cruising the mesas looking for a PC cochinada … simon … and as I was cruising alli, I saw a something trippy … a few feet from me was a group of pinche rancheros … simon … with their whole pinche bet … this was a group of four older men … abuelos … and they had Levi’s on … plaid shirts … their pinche pointed boots … and there firme sombreros … simon … their skin was leather brown … and wrinkled and they spoke and laughed softly … simon … they were from the ranchos … kicking it at IKEA … waiting for their viejas … or like me cruising for a mesa …

I was expecting their pinche caballos to come from no where and pick them up … or for one to stir the carnitas … or hechar mas pisto … or something …

BUTT now these vatos don’t have to make that IKEA trip … chale … especially if they’re buying cochinada for their annual trip to Mexico … where they leave todo for their familias including their pinche calzones … simon … that’s how these MEXICANO MEXICO trips are … the men take all this bullshit back to the rancho and pass it around to their pobre primos ETC as they wear every pinche piece of jewelry they own on their fat dedos … they leave with five suitcases … return con nada … not even with their white JC Penny t-shirts or supermans …

PUES … I was raised by a single ama de Tejas … so I didn’t have to put up with the pinche MEXICANO MEXICO trips and shit … but mi vecinos did … and every pinche ano … and they resented their apas going on these MEXICANO MEXICO trips … simon … it sucked …

ANYWAYS … now … LIVERPOOL has a substitute to these pinche trips … simon … about a week ago … I received a pinche hoto pink 8½ X 11 envelope … simon … pink with rose colored stripes and white plain/empty space to the max … but the pink stood out and made me tingle adentro … anyways … ahora … LIVERPOOL, a pinche famosa tienda en Mexico … has a U.S. CATALOG EN ESPANOL … simon … and anyone can order furniture … from this tienda by dialing a pinche 1-866 number and have that cochinada delivered to familia en Mexico … simon … it’s a 45 page catalog with sofas … mesas … cosas WHIRLPOOL y SAMSUNG … recamaras … colchones … ETC … ETC … ETC … $700, $800 … $1,7000 are popular numbers in the catalog …

The catalog reminds me of that pinche IKEA experience … it has very pinche modern muebles … leather sofas … chrome fixtures … ETC … with an inset foto of a puebla abuela on the side of the paginas … tambien … I think one of those vatos with the leather skin at IKEA also modeled for one of those inset pics … simon … pues … the catalog with new muebles and old gente gives it a WABBY CHIC feel … and while I see my IKEA homies … I also see pinche NOVELA FURNITURE … simon … that same furniture that looks like hot air would knock it down … pues … it’s now available to the 12 million …

There is a bright CHICALI lime green sofa that’s pretty cool … simon … with this cosa, eclectic possibilities are pinche endless … tambien … there’s a narrow stove, half the width of a pinche one purchased from Sears at South Coast Plaza … and the washing machine is also narrow … but the pinche TV’s are fucking massive … put one of these pinche TV’s in a Tijuana home that sits on the cliff with a bitching view of the ocean and HUGE satellites and kiss that pinche casa good bye … these TV’s must weigh a pinche ton …

ANYWAYS … this sounds like a good idea … shipping muebles to familia en Mexico … besides, MEXICANOS might be tired of the same old JC Penny ropa after 2 o 3 fucking decades anyways … butt if I was that MEXICANO making that MEXICO trip … I might prefer the old days … simon … the MEXICANO MEXICO trip … simon … it would give me the very pinche necessary excuse to take off my pinche calzones and throw them at the familia …

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Elenamary said...

i don't know why this suprises me so much. you know sears does the same thing. my momma bought my grandparents their fridge at the sears store in cuernavaca using her american sears charge card and then had them bus it almost an hour away to where they live (sears won't deliever).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home