Friday, February 24, 2006

sanTana y Tonic ... (listening to Delta Lady)

Ondale … last week I hit a few places aqui en la golden ciduad … sanTana X13 … simon … I hit a few sanTana lugares … entonces Pangea Cafe … an eatery with a full liquor license … I had a Tanqueray y tonix con limon … simon … a veces the limon is missing … and the tonix can be flat ... la otra dia I had an Absolute with cranberry at La Cave … they added a pinche lime …

BUTT … Pangea was firme … it was … Tuesday … so that was actually this week … hey, it’s tough … anyways ese … I arrived como las 3:30 at da PM … cierran a 4 … but I had a good stiff drink … tambien one of the pinche owners greeted me and my guest … he came and went … then pinche returned para fregar … no te crees, ese … he invited us to his otra lugar … the Martini Bar … just doors away … that opened a las 4 …

4 pm and there we pinche were … pouring and fregando … the long-haired blondie bartender dressed in a fitted black long sleeve blouse, black pants and all else came to the pinche hip mesa … le dije que I’m a gin/tonic person … and asked if she had anything martini close to that … “I don’t know” … so I stuck with gin/tonix … the drinks were firme … the patio music was tambien cool ...

We kicked it and watched the Tuesday evening traffic pasar … talking chingada … many caruchas on Broadway … many patas on Broadway … many SUV mojados on the calles tambien … I was wondering if this was all part of serenity …

The Martini bar is pretty firme … it’s simple … black, grey y blanco … chic and simple … it’s not Tustin's Swinging Door dump … or an Anacrime's ESPN galleria cosa … I eventually wound up at Swinging Door where they also had a FOXY bartender … brown hair and green eyes …

The next day, by 4pm, I was at Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica’s 3rd Street Promenade … Duke played Georgia Tech … and won … the place was poco bland … faltava sal … entonces some hina with nice tits … who happened to change her blusa in front of me … approached us … she talked about Brasil’s most popular beer and offered us one … chingow … if there’s one thing I don’t enjoy is being interrupted between my gins … but I said "Simon" … “Excuse me”, she said … “Simon” I pinche repeated as I nodded … “Is that Brasilian” she asked … anyways she brought us BRAHMA … some nasty tasting cider that the bartender passed us between chuckles that sounded poco retarded … pinche horrible … the bartender stood there as we took a sip … he motioned his manos … “Simon” … he tossed them …

This Friday AM I was taking care of business, flipping through OC Weekly and saw a full page ad for BRAHMA … even the bottle’s nasty …

BUTT sanTana has good drinks and nice bars even on Tuesdays … and combined with Tustin’s dumpiest, they had mas gente than Santa Monica’s most popular flat tonix sports bar did on Wednesday …

7 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's new Cholo????

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

que pasao cholo are you lost or what?? no news is good news??????

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you on vacation or what???

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Cholo. You need to blog something so we at least know you are still alive & kicking. No mas un Hi or algo!!! come on!!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

¿Qué pasa, cholito? Did you give up blogging for Lent?

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come up for air!!!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cholo are you busy out there protesting???????????????????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home